I think it’s fair to say even though my style has stayed consistent during pregnancy, there are things that were beyond my control, like my skin and senses (thanks hormones!). So I wanted to share a couple of things that we’re my ride or die this last few months that have kept me feeling like me during my pregnancy. So let’s jump it!
1. Belly Jelly by Substance Mom: A close friend bought this for me because she swore by it during her pregnancy. With religious application, she managed to get through pregnancy stretch mark free and at 6 months, I am happy to say, I have yet to spot one (fingers crossed for my final stretch – literally!).
2. Nestle Materna Vitamins: I suffered from SERIOUS “morning sickness” during my first trimester and I could not keep anything down. These were the only vitamins that did not make me puke and that in itself is enough to make them a fave.
3. Bioderma Atoderm Intensive Baume (Balm): The most hydrating lotion for winter and pregnancy skin. Winter leaves you dry and pregnancy causes itchiness due to stretching skin and this balm leaves my skin feeling great.
4. Bioderma Atoderm Huile de douche (Shower oil): During pregnancy, any extra level of hydration and moisture is welcome. This oil provides extra moisture when getting out of shower or bath and feels silky (not greasy) and smells really nice but subtle.
5. Maison Margela Replica by The Fireplace: Pregnancy has really changed by sense of smell and how scents smell on my body. This fragrance is a perfect combination of musky and sweet, without overpowering my sensitive sense of smell at all.
6. Jo Malone Nectar Blossom and Honey: The only fragrance that did not make me violently ill for the first 3 months of my pregnancy.
During pregnancy, when you find products that work for you, they become more than just products, they become lifesavers. When you go through such drastic changes, finding comfort in an amazing lotion or fragrance is like finding the next must have handbag, it’s everything. And I’m glad I could share my go to preggo products with all of you! xo